Many people in the Treasure Valley believe that they are already practicing preventative dental care by brushing and flossing their teeth. What they don’t realize, however, is that they need the help of a reliable Boise dentist to prevent decay and other dental issues effectively.
In fact, preventative dental care should begin in early childhood. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people need a minimum of two dental exams and cleanings per year to prevent major dental issues from developing. Although regular brushing and flossing help to improve oral health, you should always visit your trusted Boise dentist to further protect against dental ailments.
Our Preventive Care Services
Maintaining your oral health is vital to maintaining whole-body health. Fortunately, the Boise dentists at Summit Dental Group are here to meet all your dental needs. Below is a list of the preventative dental services we provide:
- X-rays – X-rays help to locate hidden cavities and diseases that can’t be seen by the naked eye.
- Dental Exam – Your Boise dentist at Summit Dental Group will perform an oral exam and check for cavities and other conditions.
- Cleaning – Major sources of tooth decay are caused by plaque and tartar. At Summit Dental, our dental hygienist will remove them from your teeth to provide you with a cleaner, healthier smile.
- Fluoride Treatment – Depending on your risk for developing cavities, we will provide you with a fluoride treatment to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- Sealants – Sealants are often applied to teeth to prevent decay and the development of cavities.
Hidden Issues Only Your Boise Dentist Can Find
Besides visiting your Boise dentist to prevent any potential dental problems that may arise, another good reason is to check for hidden issues in your mouth that you may not even realize you have. There are a number of things to keep watch out for. Bacteria, tartar, and cavities are oftentimes found in between teeth where they can remain undetected. If left untreated, cavities and decay get worse over time, requiring extensive and often unwanted treatment that can cost more to have fixed than it would have to prevent. During a routine dental exam, our team of dentists will not only provide you with a professional teeth cleaning but will be able to check your fillings and best smile restorations to make sure everything is in good shape.
Summit Dental Group
If you have any questions on preventive care or other issues about your oral health, contact Summit Dental Group today at (208) 345-8962. You can also fill out our online form to request an appointment with a Boise dentist of your choice. We look forward to hearing from you!