Holiday parties, photos, and time with loved ones are just around the corner. As you prepare for the season ahead, don’t forget to schedule a teeth whitening treatment at Summit Dental to ensure a bright, beautiful smile!
Keep in mind that no matter the teeth whitening treatment (in-office, at-home strips or trays) aren’t permanent. However, you can maintain a beautiful smile with the following Boise dentist tips to keep your teeth whiter longer.
A Combination Approach To Whitening
To maintain a long-lasting, white smile, the dentists at Summit Dental may recommend a combination of in-office and at-home whitening treatments. An in-office teeth whitening treatment can whiten your teeth by several shades in a single appointment. Trays and professional teeth whitening strips can help you maintain your pearly whites longer.
Boise Dentist Maintenance Tips
Below are a few simple steps you can take to help maintain your teeth whitening treatment:
- Rinse your mouth often, especially after eating or drinking.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your mouth and body healthy.
- Don’t smoke, vape, or use tobacco.
- Avoid common staining beverages, such as coffee, wine, and tea.
- Use a straw when drinking sports and energy beverages.
- Eat tooth healthy foods, such as apples, strawberries, and leafy greens.
Additional Preventative Measures
There are additional preventative measures you can take to maintain whiter teeth while keeping your smile healthy. These habits include:
- Brush teeth twice a day with an ADA approved whitening toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth between meals.
- Floss daily to prevent plaque buildup.
Last, but not least, it’s important to maintain twice a year checkups and cleanings with your Boise dentist at Summit Dental Group. These regular appointments will not only polish away surface stains; they ensure a healthier smile by catching problems early on. If you would like more information about achieving and maintaining a gorgeous, confident smile, contact us by filling out our online form or give us a call at (208) 345-8962 for an appointment.