Boise Teeth Cleaning Benefits
One of the most important treatments you can get at Summit Dental is a professional teeth cleaning. Why? Before any other treatments are provided, a thorough dental cleaning will likely be administered first. That’s why we’d like to provide you with the following information about why teeth cleanings are so important and their benefits.
What Goes Into A Teeth Cleaning
Your dental hygienist will first do a visual check of your teeth and gums to see if there are any problems that need to be discussed with your Boise dentist. After that, your teeth are cleaned and polished with special dental tools that specially designed to remove plaque and tartar. If there is a large amount of tartar buildup, sometimes other instruments are used also to loosen and remove deposits from the teeth. It is recommended that teeth be professionally cleaned at least one to two times per year. More frequent cleaning may be necessary if other dental or oral problems are present.
Why Teeth Cleanings Are Important
Even with regular brushing and flossing, you can’t remove hardened plaque and tartar from your teeth. Furthermore, during a dental exam your Boise dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and identify any underlying oral health problems as well as evaluate your risk of developing tooth decay. These exams are important in preventing future problems like bad breath & gum disease while giving your Boise dentist the opportunity of detecting any problems before they become more serious.
Additional Teeth Cleaning Benefits
- A dental hygienist can remove superficial stains that discolor your teeth, brightening your smile in the process.
- Regular teeth cleanings will help to prevent gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Regular teeth cleanings can detect early signs of oral cancer thus lowering your risk.
- Getting your teeth cleaned helps to reduce your chances of heart attacks and strokes due to the link between your cardiovascular system and your dental health.
- During a professional teeth cleaning, your Boise dentist can detect and treat any problems existing dental work like fillings, crowns, and bridges.
More Reasons Visit Your Boise Dentist
There are a wide variety of additional benefits to visiting your Boise dentist for regular checkups and teeth cleanings. Your dentist will also check for oral cavities, soft tissue damage, and tooth problems. Your dentist can also check the alignment of your teeth and jaw and suggest treatments for those with TMJ disorder and to prevent enamel erosion due to grinding your teeth.
Summit Dental Group
Even if it’s been a while since you last saw your Boise dentist, now is a good time to contact Summit Dental Group. Give us a call at (208) 345-8962 or fill out our online form today to schedule a professional teeth cleaning.