We all know how important things like an oil change and tire rotation are when it comes to maintaining a working car. Not only will it save us money but prevent bigger more expensive problems down the road. Maintenance is also important when it comes to your oral health. A couple of checkups with your downtown Boise dentist each year can save you a lot of hassle and money best spent on other things.
Preventative care and education are extremely important to optimal Boise dental health. From regular exams to at-home care, there’s a lot that can be done to prevent costly procedures. At Summit Dental Group, we recommend making the following a part of your routine in order to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile:
- Maintain regular checkups with your downtown Boise dentist. We recommend scheduling an appointment every six months.
- Brush and floss your teeth daily, especially after meals and sugary treats.
- Schedule a Boise teeth cleaning. Having your teeth professionally cleaned will remove any stubborn plaque build-up.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Too much sugar or carbohydrates can promote the growth of bad bacteria and cavity-causing acids. Getting enough calcium is equally important as it keeps your teeth and bones strong.
- If you play sports, it’s important to wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth from unwanted (and expensive) accidents.
- Don’t drink or smoke. Both of these habits can weaken your immune system making it more susceptible to disease which can affect your oral health.
We know it can seem like a hassle to schedule regular Boise dental visits. However, putting them off can lead to expensive and often painful problems later on. That’s why the dentists at Summit Dental Group suggest making regular exams and Boise teeth cleanings a part of your preventative care routine. If you would like more information, contact us at (208) 345-8962 to schedule an appointment. Our dedicated and caring staff will provide you with exceptional care and answer any questions you may have.